Juvenile Crime prostituion

G

My 17 year old was arrested in Ga for prostituion. The info that I have is limited but I need a direction to act on. My child and the solicitor connected threw an app. The older solicitor picked child up from our home and then parked at closed place of business. I do not know details of arrangement or if any act took place I know there was no money exchanged. Cops pulled up questioned them separately and they were both arrested. My child was not read Miranda rights , he was held in adult detention center until bonded out, I was not contacted by an officer, and my child's photo was in the just busted magazine which the whole school is aware now. Can't even imagine the remarks from people we have encounterd. Now causing me to fear my child's safety by others or their own self. Please help with any advice

You might want to start by getting a lawyer for your 17 year old. You might also want to consider counseling for your child.

My 17 year old was arrested in Ga for prostituion. The info that I have is limited but I need a direction to act on. My child and the solicitor connected threw an app. The older solicitor picked child up from our home and then parked at closed place of business. I do not know details of arrangement or if any act took place I know there was no money exchanged. Cops pulled up questioned them separately and they were both arrested. My child was not read Miranda rights , he was held in adult detention center until bonded out, I was not contacted by an officer, and my child's photo was in the just busted magazine which the whole school is aware now. Can't even imagine the remarks from people we have encounterd. Now causing me to fear my child's safety by others or their own self. Please help with any advice

Generally, most 17 year olds are charged as adults.
I think it is unfair, and possibly illegal.
The US Supreme Court has said otherwise.
Advise your child to request a public defender, and as suggested, see that he or she gets counseling.
He or she has most likely been sexually abused and/or molested over the past two, maybe three years.

I am extremely sorry to hear about this incident. You must be heartbroken.

Without hesitation, there must be legal representation for your child. With regard to safety, I can't speak of what to do since you haven't mentioned any imminent danger, which should be reported immediately to the police. Filing reports (and promptly) is the best way to protect yourself and obtain the needed assistance and protection from the police and authorities. Good luck with this case and especially to your child.

I agree with the others your child needs a Lawyer. However you have other concerns besides the legal ones. There are parenting and family issues here as well. these need work as well. I am part of a parenting forum ran by real parents. No so called experts just real people with real answers some of whom may have had similar situations. Here is that site http://www.parentnook.com/forum/ It is hosted by this site (thelaw.com) so its not a spam post

Back