Prosecutor refuses to Reply

Jurisdiction
Texas
Precisely as Tx CCP 39.14 states; I sent a request to the District Attorney's Office requesting I be allowed to have a copy of the files that had been sent to my attorney Along with other Items I believe are important the same day my request arrived at the prosecutors office my attorney notified me that the prosecutor had called him and stated that it had been received and that they were not going to respond to my request for copies and that I wasn't getting anything else other than what he had requested and already received and that if I wanted to see it I would have to continue to make appointments drive 10 hours round trip just to look at the file and if I found something to write it down on paper and give it to him and he would look into it. Problem is I already did that once and when I returned the statements had been re-written. I know because I made a note to myself which I have about the discrepancies and a few identifying items on the statements that were no longer on the re-writes. of course no copy so it's only my word and note to myself to prove it.
My attorney continued with telling me that I had to have my property and vehicle removed or it was going to be impounded. Problem with that is I am not allowed to go near the location of the vehicle or where my property is. I have to sent a third party (tow truck drivers don't load boxes) (movers don't tow cars) before the third party arrives I have to give notice of who it is,(the persons name) who gets told the drivers name 2 days in advance when you request a tow?
The sheriffs office has to be notified prior to deputies arrival and nothing can commence until they arrive. Of course just letting them keep some old crap isn't an issue but losing a vehicle sucks and some of the items are irreplaceable.
Question is can they do this and what can I do about it before they try locking me up for 25 years(no Kidding) I thought the law said It was my right be able to have these things. also does it sound like my lawyer is involved?

No B_ll Sh_t I need some help. Are there any lawyers or judges that actually stand up for what's right out there, or is it they way people say "they only care about the money or winning or how does my campaign look"?

I started reading your request but, to be honest, I stopped trying to make sense after reading the first line that you requested your files from the District Attorney's office although you are represented by an attorney. What exactly is the issue if you have an attorney who has your file and it seems you still maintain a professional relationship with him?

I started reading your request but, to be honest, I stopped trying to make sense after reading the first line that you requested your files from the District Attorney's office although you are represented by an attorney. What exactly is the issue if you have an attorney who has your file and it seems you still maintain a professional relationship with him?
Sorry so long to reply. The problem is my attorney is five hrs away. He said the prosecutor told him he couldn't give me copies. My understanding is she let him have copies but as an officer of the court he can't allow me to have copies. Prosecutor is being a pain, the statute says defendant has to request viewing, copying or photographing the information. I did this and my attorney called me and said the prosecutor wasn't going to respond to my request, that I had (my Attorney) all the info I was getting. But still no copy for me. 10 hrs round trip to look through a file and try to read and find inconsistencies and any exculpatory information in an hours time is quite difficult. Knowing it makes it even harder for me to defend myself. The latest issue is that my attorney just notified me that he wants an additional $15,000
to represent me for trial. He hasn't done anything except reset my case twice and told me my latest plea offer was 99 yrs. it was 15 yrs but he wants money so it went up to 99. Sorry my posts are so erratic but I have been trying to take care of my wife while she takes chemo and handle my case too. Also one of your moderators Army Judge tried to see if he could find out anything, apparently they won't tell other attorney's anything either except the charge, which personally I find disgusting in itself let alone the are trying to convict me of it. Just don't know what to do, and really can't afford another attorney as the one I have now thinks he has earned the money I already gave him.

Back