Property of Elector Steen Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPhillips

In 1979 my grandmother died in Dallas, Texas leaving a 80 or 81 tract of land to her children, and their portion was to be 1/5 each. Don Poe, of Don Poe & Asso. made a claim to the Freestone County Courts that he had acquired 4/5 of the land from four of the siblings, one of which he told me in a phone conversation, was my father. I told Mr. Poe and sent proof to him, that my father was declared incompetent in 1959 by the State of Florida, and that my father did not meet him or make any attempts to sell any land, nor did was he even aware that any land had been willed to him, given his state of mind. Mr. Poe agreed this must be correct but never made attempts to return the land or do whatever was necessary to correct this. I have had several talks with Mr. Poe and he has indicated that he sold his rights to a cousin of my dad but not the rights underground. I've spoken with the cousin but no information on the land was given. I could only do so much, because my dad was still alive and i had no legal power to speak or act on his behalf. My Dad died in 2007 and I feel that the portion of land that belonged to him, should now belong to me. Do I have the right to make claim on the land and if so how?

I doubt it, for reasons too complicated a d long winded to post here.

Your best bet is find a property, real estate, or trust attorney. Have a conversation with a opulent, and see what they advise.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

This sounds like a modern day remake of "The sons of Katie Elder". Sorry OP, Jus' Sayin.

You need a good attorney to research and sort out the facts leading up to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back