Property Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

judtih_babcock

I lived with this guy since 1999, we broke up June 2002. When I moved in with him, I had a 1992 Ford PU. There was something wrong with the 2nd cylinder of the engine. Being that he was a Ford mechanic and my boyfriend, he told me and promised me that he would get me another engine and put it back together, but needed 200.00 for odds and ends. So I gave him 200.00 in good faith and he took the truck apart. Got another engine but he never put it back together. He kept saying next weekend, but that weekend never came. Than we broke up. Now I am without my truck and I can't afford to pay someone the money to put it back together what he took apart. The truck did start and run until he took it all apart. Do I have a case? I really appreciate some advise. Thank You

Last edited:
If your boyfriend got another engine and it cost no less than $200, then I think you might be hard pressed to get the money back. How much will it cost for someone to put it back together? I'm thinking that a new engine might cost ore than $200 so you might have actually done better this way. For you to say that the truck was taken apart and you should be compensated for it overlooks the fact that you had a problem with the truck and the engine needed replacing. Part of that work may have been done for you so all you need to do is pay for the engine to be put in, thereby saving you on labor. Unless I'm missing something, it would seem that you probably won't get back anything and, if you do, may not be worth the hassle of the small claims case.

judtih babcock said:
I lived with this guy since 1999, we broke up June 2002. When I moved in with him, I had a 1992 Ford PU. There was something wrong with the 2nd cylinder of the engine. Being that he was a Ford mechanic and my boyfriend, he told me and promised me that he would get me another engine and put it back together, but needed 200.00 for odds and ends. So I gave him 200.00 in good faith and he took the truck apart. Got another engine but he never put it back together. He kept saying next weekend, but that weekend never came. Than we broke up. Now I am without my truck and I can't afford to pay someone the money to put it back together what he took apart. The truck did start and run until he took it all apart. Do I have a case? I really appreciate some advise. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back