Property access

Status
Not open for further replies.

concernedmother

I am in need of repairing/rebuilding some retaining walls and landscaping on my lake front property.
My home sits up on a small hill and as with most lake front property the homes are close together. The only land access I have to my lake front is on the south side of my home. My neighbor and I have been estranged for a year or so now. In order for a bob cat or landscapeing machinery to access my site the machinery/tools would have to be brought down between both my neighbors and my property. More on my property than his. My question is can he deny me access to my property if I promise to put the land back in the same repair as before the construction? If he cannot, then how do I notify him of my intended landscaping project?

Thanks for the help

You notify him by knocking on his door with a strawberry pie and ask pretty please. Then confirm it in writing. If he says no you have to figure out another way, possibly from the water.

To access my land from the water is way to cost prohibitive, over $100 an hour by pontoon, and I can't make a pie crust to save my life. Cookies would probably work though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back