Business Contracts Product Exclusivity Agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjc7225

I am looking for a basic agreement to work from which I can customize for my company, but I am not really sure what I need. We are going to be purchasing a product from one of our suppliers and we wish to maintain exclusive rights to that product so our supplier may not sell it to anyone else for the duration of our business relationship. I have found "Exclusive Distribution" agreements, but those seem to more state that we would ONLY buy from this supplier which is not necessarily the case. What would a form be called that would not allow our supplier to sell a particular product to other companies for a certain period of time?

I am looking for a basic agreement to work from which I can customize for my company, but I am not really sure what I need. We are going to be purchasing a product from one of our suppliers and we wish to maintain exclusive rights to that product so our supplier may not sell it to anyone else for the duration of our business relationship. I have found "Exclusive Distribution" agreements, but those seem to more state that we would ONLY buy from this supplier which is not necessarily the case. What would a form be called that would not allow our supplier to sell a particular product to other companies for a certain period of time?

First of all, what you term "exclusivity", could be seen as illegal, and civilly be seen as a "tortious" interference with a company's ability to drive and derive profits.
Secondly, if this is for a business, I suggest you consult with an attorney.
Thirdly, most of these "home made contracts' often end in lawsuits.
Fourth, and finally, I submit to you that life is far to complex and complicated to be 'form" driven.

Thanks for the info. My boss has asked me to look into this and I'm clearly in over my head.

Your boss is cheap. Tell him, would he ask you to investigate how to remove a ruptured appendix?

Your boss needs to hire a lawyer. Its his business.

He shouldn't jeopardize it being penny wise and pound foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back