Problems with Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OjosAzul

I have been having problems with my neighbor that lives under me. I have 2 kids and their ages are 2 and 6. The neighbor keeps complainging that ny kids make too much noise. Shea has threatened to get a lawyer and take me to court. I don't feel my kids make that much noise. My six year old is in school all day long except on Saturdays. my kids go to bed early as well on the weekdays because of school, so the noise can never be past 8pm. Another thing my kids go to their dad's Saturday and Monday nights and are with him all day and into the night of Sunday. The apartment manager is willing to let me transfer to another apartment, but I would have to re-sign another lease. I don't feel I should have to walk on egg shells in my own apartment or for that matter move. That is a reall inconvience. Plaese let me know if she has a vaild reason to take me to court and do you think she would win??? I live in Florida!!!

Thanks,
Aggravated in Florida

Most people complain about noise in apartment buildings. If the noise is reasonable, then the neighbor has no complaint that I can see and this is merely an empty threat. My conversations with the apartment manager would be more along the lines of the neighbor being unreasonable and expecting too much. If she wants absolute quiet then she should have moved into a house, not an apartment building and you have been a model tenant, etc.

OjosAzul said:
I have been having problems with my neighbor that lives under me. I have 2 kids and their ages are 2 and 6. The neighbor keeps complainging that ny kids make too much noise. Shea has threatened to get a lawyer and take me to court. I don't feel my kids make that much noise. My six year old is in school all day long except on Saturdays. my kids go to bed early as well on the weekdays because of school, so the noise can never be past 8pm. Another thing my kids go to their dad's Saturday and Monday nights and are with him all day and into the night of Sunday. The apartment manager is willing to let me transfer to another apartment, but I would have to re-sign another lease. I don't feel I should have to walk on egg shells in my own apartment or for that matter move. That is a reall inconvience. Plaese let me know if she has a vaild reason to take me to court and do you think she would win??? I live in Florida!!!

Thanks,
Aggravated in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back