Problem With DC parking Ticket/

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncgirl36

Checked credit report and found that a parking ticket was submitted to collection agency in September about a camera ticket.

At the time I received the ticket I was living in a school dormitory that has its own zipcode in DC. The ticket was received over a holiday when the dorm was closed because the university does not forward mail in dorm during the holiday. I received the ticket well after the thirty days when it was forwarded in the new year.

I notified the DC government because at that time not contesting the ticket but the late fees that were assessed. After numerous phone calls, I wrote a letter stating my case. After more phone calls asking about the status of the late fees etc. I was informed that the committee or persons who decided these complaints had not met/had not gotten around to my case etc. There went on for a year.

I no longer live in DC. I am in another state.

Received the credit report. Turns out the collections was entered in September. Needless to say the credit score took a it. But I am really angry.

What should I do?
Should I contact the DC gov?
I have written the validation letter?
What state laws apply ( the state I am living in now or the one I moved to when I received the ticket)?

Technically, by time I received the ticket I was living in another state. I still have lease etc verifying the move etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back