problem with brother and sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasond415

My jurisdiction is: california

my father and mother died four years ago and left two houses a car and numerous stocks and other assets but no will so everything is in probate,my older brother is in charge of the assets and has been ignoring the probate lawyers calls,i found out that the house has been in probate for 4 years which is crazy because normally probate only lasts 2 years max,i just started talking with the lawyer and am trying to get this handled,the problem is that recently certain issues arose too many to put in this post but my relationship with my siblings is basically non-existent and i live in the same house as them so it makes it much more difficult,my brother has said that he is going to screw me out of my share of the assets which i know he cant do legally but he has a money spending problem and has been taking money out of the stock accounts $200,000 to $45,000 i need to try and take executorship from him or have joint executorship,i am not sure how to handle this issue,my brother and sister are against me totally and have an appointment with the lawyer june 1st(i spoke to the lawyer and he sent out a letter recently to my older brother)the lawyer informed me of the appointment and asked if i would come early so we can all sit down and talk about this,i plan on moving to the house in the city without my brothers permission to avoid problems,i am looking for any advise on this because i don't have any money to hire my own lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back