problem with adult children/elderly mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgwk

I am a 57 yr. old male and only child. My Father passed away in 2004, my Mother is 82, totally blind and extremely frail. Upon my Father's death my two adult sons (ages 32 &34) began addressing me by my first name and really sucking up to "Grandmother". The younger and his wife have separated(however, we have been unable to absolutely verify this) and he moved in with my Mother "for a while"...it has now been six months, he has put a lock on his bedroom, pays for nothing and won't even pick up groceries. The older son has been convicted of a DUI in Georgia, lost his job of 10 years, and has convinced my Mother that he will be better off moving to NC. He has no job, no money, a new car and she thinks she has to finance his move. Her will states that upon her death the house is to be sold and the proceeds split (I get 70% and the kids30%). However, there are things of my Father's and furniture that is mine in the house...if my Mother dies with these 2 freeloaders in her house ..How do I get my property and how do I get them out of the house? Her mental abilities seem okay except for her poor judgement about the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back