Parole, Probation probation violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

layzie330

This is my first offence. I was accused of a vandalism felony charge and I took the plea. So I was sentenced 3-5 years of probation & 89 days of Cal Trans & 8k restitution fee's which was paid on the same day. Also finished the 2-3k probation fee's which I had to pay monthly. I've been doing good & and got in no trouble. Im on my 3rd-4th year and they recently came to my house and searched my room and found pictures in my girlfriends digital camera. They took the memory card without me knowing and without any permission and downloaded the pictures. Part of my probation restrictions is that I cannot associate with gang members & 2 of my friends who got charged with the vandalism too. Two of the pictures has gang signs thrown but Im not in them & they are taken by my girlfriend. 1 of the pictures has one of my friends that Im restricted from. However Im in the other pictures with other friends that was there. I don't associate with them anymore but we just happen to see each other at a restaurant bar and my girlfriend decided to take pictures. I also have not finished my Cal Trans but I have a doctors note due to a medical problem. My probation said theres various things they can do, like extended probation, longer community service, house arrest, but he says Im really looking at 1 year in state prison. I would like to know if I will be able to fight the violation for the pictures which my probation said is possible. And if I can't, then how much time am I looking at? Also when my room is being searched, am I allowed to watch? And can they search my computers, personal information, accounts, my girlfriends belongings & digital camera? They also took a blank cd and burned pictures or information from my computer without me knowing, and took other stuff. They even opened my brand ink packages and inserted them into my printer and jammed it. The whole time I was sent downstairs, and then questioned in another room. The reason I was searched is because the LAPD believe I know information about a crime and contacted my probation and all came to my house. I had no idea what they were talking about, and they asked me "Honestly, if you knew information, would help us? And I told them honestly I wouldn't..." After that he said ok fine, if we find anything, then it ain't our fault you get in trouble later. After that, my girlfriend contacted my probation officer for the memory card because she needed it for work and left messages. He would never call back. 1 week later, he finally picked up the phone and told us he didn't even know lapd took her memory card and that he left early before the search was over. He returned it to me another week later and gave me the news that Im being violated for the pictures in the card and that they downloaded it. Theres 100's of pictures of models & shoots from my girlfriends line of work and pictures where they aren't suppose to see or be downloaded.... There was only 3-5 pictures of me.

Sorry for the longness of my story, but I wanted to be clear as possible, so I can know what to do next. I don't want to be sent to state prison for some pictures... Any help or information would great. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back