Parole, Probation probation Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbass1147

About three years ago I was charged with auto burgalary though I was not the one in the car. I was in my truck waiting on the guy that was in the car. I was charged with class A misdomeanor and placed on probation for 2 years. About a year ago my PO went MIA I called but she never returned my calls my probation was up on feb 14 2006. And I then recieved a letter in the mail saying that my probation had been revoked. The police have come by my house twice last year and said that i violated my probation. I paid all of my fees even though i didnt do my community service, I went to pay all of these 2 days b4 my probation was up and they never said anything to me about revoking my probation because I havent talked to my PO since 6mo b4 my probation was up. What can I do to not have to go to jail for this?

Q: What can I do to not have to go to jail for this?

A: Nothing in your post indicates any defense for your violation. Do you have any good reasons for violating your probation?

Well I thought that if they were ging to revoke my probation they had to do it within my probation period not after it was up!

And I then recieved a letter in the mail saying that my probation had been revoked.

Okay, I'm through pulling teeth after this one:

WHEN was your probation revoked (not when did you get the letter)?

In other words, your probation was almost certainly revoked before your probation period was finished. The fact that you were not notified of the revocation MIGHT be an issue, but it does nothing to deal with the matter at hand.

Why do you THINK it was revoked? Failure to report? Change of address without prior approval? Failure to pay fines or fees? A new offense?

And ONLY waiting in the car makes you just as guilty as the guy who got IN the car! In my state it makes you a principal to the crime ... and, conspiracy to commit any crime here is a felony. Your state probably has similar laws. You got off lucky.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back