Other Criminal Charges & Offenses probation violation with 7 yr joint suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsCortez

My husband had 3 years probation and a 7 year joint suspension he had 1 year left on probation and he got charged with reciving stolen property/ theft in a different county which he didn't do. But they are trying to violate him now in Monterey county. Whats the chances of him getting his probation reinstated? He had no problems with probation since 2011. And they haven't convicted him of the fresno charge yet. I need help and advice cause he works and w/o him I cant maintain our household with our 4 kids.

My husband had 3 years probation and a 7 year joint suspension he had 1 year left on probation and he got charged with reciving stolen property/ theft in a different county which he didn't do. But they are trying to violate him now in Monterey county. Whats the chances of him getting his probation reinstated? He had no problems with probation since 2011. And they haven't convicted him of the fresno charge yet. I need help and advice cause he works and w/o him I cant maintain our household with our 4 kids.

All he can do is work with his attorney to defend the revocation.
Even if he beats one charge, he's got to beat the other.
Time for him to wake up and behave himself. He's gotta be straighter than an arrow.
It isn't going to be about a conviction on the new charge.
He can be revoked even if he's acquitted on the receiving charge.
He was told the rules.
Being on probation or parole is harder than being in prison.
If you're on paper, you must stay squeaky clean and pure.
The less ANYONE says or reveals about ANY of this, the better it will be for him.
In other words, wanna help him?
Tell him to remain silent, work with his lawyer, and stay as pure as the clean, white snow.
Whatever you do, don't discuss this in public, via mail, email, text message, or the telephone.
If he tries to talk about it that way, change the subject.
All he can do is defend.
The good news, your state is broke. They don't want to lock people up. It costs too much. He's got that going for him.

Thank you! He only has one charge for receiving stolen property in fresno county. But hes on probation in Monterey and they said the violation was for not contacting the p.o within 24 hours after the arrest but we have the phone records he did, so the public defender said that will get thrown out now we have to focus on the charge from fresno which he didn't do. He been on the straight and arrow since he got out in nov.2011 this is his first violation, he had one year left of probation. do you think they will reinstate his probation so he can return to work and take care of his kids?

Thank you! He only has one charge for receiving stolen property in fresno county. But hes on probation in Monterey and they said the violation was for not contacting the p.o within 24 hours after the arrest but we have the phone records he did, so the public defender said that will get thrown out now we have to focus on the charge from fresno which he didn't do. He been on the straight and arrow since he got out in nov.2011 this is his first violation, he had one year left of probation. do you think they will reinstate his probation so he can return to work and take care of his kids?

Maybe, don't discuss the case, let the PD do his or her legal magic.
California wants people to work and pay their taxes.
If he can't work, the state will have to support his children.
They don't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back