Parole, Probation Probation Violation - Joint Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEIDIM

This is a very involved case with alot of twists and turns, please bear with me on my explanation of it all. My boyfriend is currently incarcerated for a Grand Theft Auto Charge, with a probation violation - Joint Suspension. He has been in since 2/22/05. The vehicle was not stolen he has a signed contract but did not make 2 payments on the car. He was told by the dealer to bring the car back and his down payment money will be refunded, if he doesnt the dealer then would report it stolen. His friend sold him the car that works at the car lot and he told this friend he would bring car back the following monday this was friday. In the mean time the dealer reported car stolen and he was picked up and arrested. He is on probation for 2 felony offenses petty theft, and concealed weapon, which was actually a carpenters tool. Both of these charges were given probation, do to the fact my boyfriend testifed in a murder case and with the help of the detective on the case and the department he was given probation. He was also an eyewitness in a capital murder case and the prior detective and the current on this case have gone to court for him and spoke with the district attorney on his behalf and have asked that he have his probation reinstated and the case be dropped, as he is once again helping them in a very important case. The detectives plan on putting him in a witness protection program and relocate him to another state once he is released to begin a new life and for his protection againist the persons he is testifying against. My boyfriend is no saint but he has no violent criminal charges. The bases for all his crime has been an addiction to methy, which he has admitted to and wants continued help for. The detectives are on his side and he was told by the jury last time he testified that he was the most creditable of all the witnessess
His next court date is june 16, 2005 and the detectives have a meeting with the DA and the Head DA next week to discuss his case. My question (finally!) is how much pull do these detectives have with the DA's decision not to take his charges any further and to reiinstate his probation? To make matters worse his public defender is a rookie and its his first case! and he things that he will go to prision, hes not much use at all. His first PD was excellent but he had to drop his case because he is representing the man my boyfriend is testifying against, is this fair?
If he does get prison time, how long would it be? The original time on the 2 cases that were given was 5 years?

I am so sorry for the lengh in this, but I felt I had to provide all the details, any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Again Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back