probation officer in ct has set me up for arrest

ericjason

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
This situation in unfair and I believe it to be unjust. I have been on probation for 2 months now. I had a 10am visit with my probation officer the first thing she asked me was if I drove here. Now my hearts pounding like omg what have I done? So I answered honestly thinking nothing of it I said "yes is everything ok?" She says yes . so I'm waiting in the waiting room for about 15 minutes she calls me back to her office we talk about about upcoming appointments and so on. She has me go back out front and I wait for a male officer to submit a urine. That'd done and now I get into my car and leave. Now I have a police officer following me odd as it is I'm not to concerned other than having police contact. He pulls me over and asks for my license I give it to him and naturally I ask "can I ask you why you pulled me over?" He responds "your probation officer called us and told us to pick you up for driving under suspension." Having no clue what so ever I was under suspension. Cost me many dollars to post bond and pay for towing fees. It turns out that the courts had made a clerical error on documents regarding my license. What can I do? I feel she should have told me my license was not valid she always asks me and I say yes. Instead she went and created a huge mess not even looking out for my best interests.

She didn't set you up, as I explained on your other post. You are the one who is responsible for maintaining a valid license. It is her job to report when you violate the law.

Back