Privacy laws - recording of international phone call

fiftyeight

I live in Australia, but this is about a phone call I made from Israel to Germany. I called to book a flight to Australia and was given certain terms for my flight ticket. I booked the ticket and now the claims that were made during the phone conversation by the airline are not being respected. I have recorded the call, but I am wary of using the recording if it was in fact not legal to record the call

The thing which complicates this the most is that it was an international phone call, so I am not sure which law applies here. What I'd like is to find out the following:
1. Which law applies to this case. I know it's related to privacy law (recording a phone call) but since it was an international call, which law applies to it? the law of the country where I made the phone call? where the phone call was answered? where I am a resident?
2. Given the answer to 1, does that law forbid recording the call.
3. Given 2, if it does forbid recording the call, what would be the potential punishment for doing so?

I would appreciate anyone which could point me to some direction. It is hard for me to research this as I do not even know which law applies to this case. I would assume it is a very small chance that the airline would file charges against for recording the call, but still I would like to have more certainty about whether what I done was legal or not.

Cheers!

This is a US law board. The laws of the US, Australia, and Germany are all different. I'm afraid we cannot help you.

You will need to find a forum that handles your area or ask a lawyer in your area.

Back