Price difference

MCamp

Jurisdiction
New York
Dear Sir.. I recently brought a used car from a car dealership..we brought the car for one price and the next day on their website it was thousands cheaper..I would like to know can we get the difference back..I talked to the GM and he said it was a typo..some "typo" out of the price of the car the only "correct" number was the first! Thank You

I'm not sure how a court you bought on day 1 could be priced at any price on day 2. Perhaps you're talking about a similar car?

In any event, that a similar car was priced for less the next day does not entitle you to anything (unless your sales contract contained some sort of unusual provision to the contrary)..

No..it was the same car we brought..same vin#..same stock#..it was our car..I took a screen shot of it..took the screen shot to the dealership..he said it was a typo..I don't believe that..maybe on one or two or even three numbers but on 4 numbers..

No..it was the same car we brought..same vin#..same stock#..it was our car..I took a screen shot of it..took the screen shot to the dealership..he said it was a typo..I don't believe that..maybe on one or two or even three numbers but on 4 numbers..

It doesn't matter. You negotiated a price and agreed to it in a contract. If the car was worth less you should have negotiated a lower price. The price tag on the car means nothing... it's just a starting point.

No..it was the same car we brought..same vin#..same stock#..it was our car..I took a screen shot of it..took the screen shot to the dealership..he said it was a typo..I don't believe that..maybe on one or two or even three numbers but on 4 numbers.

Well...the car you bought on day 1 obviously could not have been sold on day 2 because you had already bought it. Therefore, the advertisement was necessarily a mistake. That the car was mistakenly advertised for sale at a lower price than you paid, after you had already bought it, is legally meaningless. Maybe the dealer intended to drop the price the next day and failed to put a stop on the ad. Who knows? Doesn't matter.

Back