Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Previously shoplifted, License Plates written down..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmopie

I hope i can get someone to help me :( Knowing what i was doing was bad, I spend alot of time last year stealing some DVD's from a store. The place where i would hide the discs didn't have a camera, that i am 100% sure of. I stopped shoplifting there for two months and decided never to shoplift again. Today i went into the store with a friend and was about to shoplift a movie when i realized i was being followed by a LP officer, after figuring this out, my friend and i put back the movies and just walked out. The LP officer followed us out and took down my friends license plate number. I am terrible scared and i know what i did wrong, I am just wondering if they will come after my friend since they got his license plate number even though he didn't take anything. Was a case built up? or did they just take down the license plate to have in their system? I am just scared because i know i have stolen alot of movies from that store, but as for having me on tape, there is no way. Any help would be appreciated.

Well did you conceal the DVD's before you changed your mind? Were the DVD's damaged even in the slightest? What state was this in? too many unanswered questions along with we cannot read the LP's mind on why he took your plates. Just to make matters worse (sorry) no you are not 100% sure you were not in camera view during your prior thefts nor are you 100% certain you were not seen! This might be why they took your plates! It seems to me (again I am sorry not my intent to offend) you have a theft problem. My suggestion is you visit the NASP website there is much valuable info there you can learn from. I will further suggest you enroll in their Anti shoplifting program as well. The next time your caught depending on circumstances you could be looking at felony charges!

Thank you and no you're not offending me. I know i have a shoplifting problem and thats why i started to take the necessary measures to stop. I just made a really horrible choice today, that's why i am very disappointed in myself. It was in the state of California and yes i did conceal it before putting it back. I am just hoping that nothing is done as i have learned me lesson today. The dvd was not damaged in any way. Living in L.A, i know there are far worse things that police worry about, but I'm just scared. No lies.

just a quick question..when you say the next time i get caught do you mean physically caught or just the policed called upon because they got my friends license plate number?

Your probably fine on what you did today your big problem is if they have evidence of the prior thefts and turn tha tover to Poice with your plate.

That's what i am most afraid of. I know i have done it before and a few times. I stopped a few months ago, but I'm just afraid they built a case or have any evidence. Is there a way for them to track me if it wasn't even my car?

Thank you for the help. I am just hoping that they just took it down for records. Is that ever done? A license plate taken down just to keep on records and not to turn over to the police?

A case might also be made against you for burglary. Such a pattern of thefts - if substantiated - can provide powerful evidence that you entered these stores with the intent to commit the theft. This is burglary in CA.

LP like to get big cases. They most likely are building a big case against you. Once they have all their evidence (pattern, vehicle info, video etc) they will go down the the courts and charge you. Keep in mind, getting your information for an LP officer is very easy as they have access to a ton of informtion.

FYI - movies are not worth stealing, stores give them away as DVD's will soon be going the way of the VHS.

#1 - STOP STEALING!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back