presidence over HOA Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillhansen

For 3 years I have managed vacation rentals from my condo in Islamorada, Florida without completing HOA request to rent forms. A couple of times they requested I complete the form and I ignored the request.

This week the HOA President told me I could no longer rent my property for vacation rental unless I submitted the proper forms and that she would take action against me.

Is there any presidence established since I have been doing this for 3 years.

Do I have any legal recourse?

I may note the HOA rules allow unrestricted rental to "friends & family" and I believe that to be undefinitive -although the president has thoroughly interrogated every family member and friend who has ever stayed at my property to ascertain this information. The rule seems to work well for her and whomever she deems "friends".

It is precedence!

HOAs are corporations! Two-thirds of the membership of a HOA can dissolve the corporation. A corporation is NOT a country club and once I educate all of you homeowners that common areas are nothing more than land use created by a developer who is a corporation who turned over the maintenance of common areas to another corporation called a HOA versus turning it back over to the county who approved the development and zoned it RESIDENTIAL. Amazing how y'all think that a HOA can stop me from painting my house PINK with PINK flamingos in the front yard. By the time a house wife who is a BOARD member could figure out what to do, I will be dead and buried. BOARD members are running a corporation and sueing them for a breach of fudiciary duty is how I will win my Circuit Court case in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back