Pregnant at 16 Can i move out to live with the dad

A

allisongillianm

I am pregnant at age 16 and the father wants me to live with them and i have heard that when a teen is pregnant they become and adult so I was thinking then i can move out but what if my mom tires to stop me I will be finishing up the school i am going to now. I think the baby should be growing up with the father and i know i am a minor but they have room for the baby there house is safe and secure. So i dont see the problem. Would i be able to leave

I am pregnant at age 16 and the father wants me to live with them and i have heard that when a teen is pregnant they become and adult so I was thinking then i can move out but what if my mom tires to stop me I will be finishing up the school i am going to now. I think the baby should be growing up with the father and i know i am a minor but they have room for the baby there house is safe and secure. So i dont see the problem. Would i be able to leave

You heard incorrectly.
You're a minor at age 16 even if you had given birth to 20 babies.
If you do anything absent your parent's permission, big trouble is headed your way.
If you move in with the alleged father, he and his family could get in deep, smelly, nasty poo.

I suggest you discuss this with your parents, and only your parents.

If your parents give you permission to move out you can. If your parents do not give you permission to move out you cannot. It really is that simple.

What you have heard is wrong.

Agree with other responders - at age 16 you cannot move out unless your parents give you permission to do so. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear.

If your mother has legal custody, you live where she allows you to live. If Dad is so interested in having custody, he can file with the court for a modification of custody and let a judge decide. You don't get to make your own decisions at 16 because you had a baby. In fact, the courts are likely to find you to need more adult guidance and supervision, not less.

She's not looking to live with HER father; she's looking to live with the guy who knocked her up.

Not gonna happen, sweetheart. Not unless your parents give permission.

Nevermind. Misread it. Not a snowballs chance in hell any judge is going to allow a child to move in with the guy who knocked her up. If the father is not a minor, he is just about begging to be arrested on a variety of charges.

Back