Prayer for Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "Prayer for Judgement" mean?

The only state that I know uses this term is North Carolina. You pay the fine but the traffic violation does not go on your record and the insurance company cannot use it as a reason to raise your rates.

It can only be taken once every three years.

In other states it is called a deferment or probation before judgement. Before accepting a deferment be sure that you understand the rules in your particular state.

deferment/probation

"In other states it is called a deferment or probation before judgement. Before accepting a deferment be sure that you understand the rules in your particular state."

Do you know if Oregon uses the deferment/ probation option?

Also, does "before judgement" mean you ask for deferment or probation after you plead guilty/not guilty?

I am asking this because I just received a Speed Racing ticket. I need to find out the options I have when I go to court.

Very interesting. Per conversation with a colleague, I believe you are correct in all respects and have answered more details regarding the PFJ which applies in NC.

Originally posted by lwpat
The only state that I know uses this term is North Carolina. You pay the fine but the traffic violation does not go on your record and the insurance company cannot use it as a reason to raise your rates.

It can only be taken once every three years.

In other states it is called a deferment or probation before judgement. Before accepting a deferment be sure that you understand the rules in your particular state.

Oregon Speed Racing Ticket

Do you know if Oregon uses the deferment/ probation option?

Oregon does offer a deferment for minor speeding tickets but I am not sure of the exact requirements. It is extremely unlikely that you can obtain a deferment for a speed racing ticket.

My advice would be to retain an attorney. You will probably save more that his fee in auto insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back