Posting a do not block driveway sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyemokid

Alright, let me sum it up quick and get opinions... we moved here about a year and a half ago, there is a driveway that comes all the way down by the neighbors garage (its our driveway and only we use it because we are the only ones at the end) alright. well, it keeps getting blocked and there is no other way out, so now. I'm sick of it, and having to wait for them to move after beeping the horn a few times and getting dirty looks.. like wtf anyways. So I started digging a hole on the side of the gravel driveway about a foot over to put up a DO NOT BLOCK driveway sign.. well, it was just a matter of time till this neighbor from heck comes down here telling me that I can't put a sign there and i need to come fill the hole in.. the person that lived here before us, he had a sign and that neighbor tore it down he said.. well, we have cameras so we see all around our property,. so i can see up our driveway and where the sign will be once I put it up..<br>

**QUESTION** is there any legal reason or anything that I can NOT put up a sign there? because the driveway is blocked atleast once a week. thats all..

Okay, here in this picture, on your left side.. (out of view in the pic) is where the hole is right now (this pic is older)

misc013.jpg

okay, this pic shows where I have put the hole.. .its in the bright green...<br>

1010.jpg

well, he filled in the hole before I got to put the sign in...

Blocking your Drive

I am sorry to tell you I have the same problem you do but it is with my neighbor. She has not been blocking my drive but overhanging it by about 2 feet. This has been going on since November 2005 when I asked her not to shovel you dog crap in my yard. Oh the pay back of that, I would rather have just picked up the crap. Anyway I have asked her not to do this, called the police which they say there is nothing illegal about her parking as long as I can get out of the drive and even tried to get the Municipality to put up a not parking sign there. They said the space between her driveway and mine is only 5.5 feet and since no one "in there right mind" would park there they denied the request. They just said I was being harassed and it could go on for years. Am I ready to move, I have thought about it. I just do not know about some people and why they have to be so rude to other people. I am only hoping against all hope that some light bulb goes off in this woman's head and she wonders why she is not using her own driveway. Oh by the way, I live in Alaska where the streets are filled with snow 6 months out of the year. Why would you leave your car on the street taking the chance of it getting hit; only to be mean to your neighbor. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back