Post Rejected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdOPrey5

I made a lengthy post and got a message it was "rejected" with a score of 121 when max score was set to 110.

I only had one link in the post to a very relevant site.

I understand the need to combat spam but this seems excessive to me- it's hurting the free exchange of information and ideas. :(

When I removed the link it was sent to the mod queue.

I understand. It's been half a day and my post wasn't yet approved, as I'm not familiar with this forum do you know, as a super-mod, if it has yet to be approved or if it was rejected for some reason?

I understand. It's been half a day and my post wasn't yet approved, as I'm not familiar with this forum do you know, as a super-mod, if it has yet to be approved or if it was rejected for some reason?

Sorry for the delay. It is approved now. Usually one of our people does this every day, this time it took an extra day.

The reason for the no link posting without approval policy is due to excessive forum spam. This site has a high page ranking and that brings in tons of SEO companies from India. In fact, I've had to raise the number of posts to 20 from the original 10 as a result of spammers posting 10 dumb posts to reach the limit. I'm proud to say that this site is probably cleaned of more forum spam than most. Usually the wait isn't long and, given that the forums are free and the issues are not urgent, the benefits outweigh the costs of temporary preventative measures.

This week I'll be making massive upgrades on the site. There will be more conspicuous placement of help link in the sidebar should there be issues concerning posts held in the queue. It is a good question and hope this answers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back