Possible Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

PossibleWitness

I work for a fire department in Michigan. I recently responded to a car/bicycle accident where the patient broke his hip. The patient is now suing the driver of the vehicle in civil court (no prosecuters involved) and the patients lawyer would like to talk to the Emergency Medical Techs that were on scene that day. Is this something that I can bill for as a witness?

Q: Is this something that I can bill for as a witness?

A: Talk this over with your employer; it may be possible.

I'm looking to bill the patient and his attorney.... not my fire department. If this were in criminal court I would have no problem testifying... however since it is in civil court and he is looking to get rich from this with the help of my testimony.... I'm looking to get something out of it as well.

I'm looking to bill the patient and his attorney.... not my fire department. If this were in criminal court I would have no problem testifying... however since it is in civil court and he is looking to get rich from this with the help of my testimony.... I'm looking to get something out of it as well.

No; ask YOUR employer if you go testify if the EMPLOYER can bill the person who subpoenas you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back