Possible suit to be filed against my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

niknak74

A client is planning to file a suit against me for an infection which occured aprox. a week and a half after being tattooed. After being in business for 8 years and never once having a problem like this, I feel overwhelmed. We do have waivers that clearly state the risks associated with getting tattooed including infections and that by signing the document they freely accept and expressly assume any and all risks that arise with such activity. I now have received a letter from a lawyer requesting a large sum of money, telling me I have 15 days to respond or a suit will be filed. Our studio is very clean and respectable. We had just had our board of health inspections one day prior to her visit and the procedures used on this clent and for every client as always was aseptic. I have no doubt in my mind that the bacteria that entered her wound occured after leaving our studio. I guess what I am asking is, should I seek legal council prior to the 15 days or after she files suit, and... Is there really a point to a release of liability form if its not able to protect my interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back