Criminal Law Possible Fraud Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy1

Ok, now....I put through extra hours on my timesheet (20 to be exact) @ work & got found out, they are saying I might get done for fraud, i'm supposed to be moving to the US in 3 weeks, and marrying my US partner. Please help me, I don't know for definate yet if this will go on my record, my work are still deciding whether or not to get the police involved!!.......if I do get done for Fraud, will I never be able to move to the US or get a greencard?

Oh please help, I need advice, i've been so stupid......

If you made a mistake in your time sheet then try to clear it with your employer. People make mistakes. Whatever you do, make sure you clear the case before moving, if you think there could be more serious consequences.
If the case turns out to be nothing but a misunderstanding, your immigration case won't suffer, but if you get convicted of fraud it could be very bad. There is a waiver available but it only means more delay, more attorney fees... DO NOT lie to immigration officials if they ask you about this situation, whatever the outcome, BE HONEST!
This is just a wild guess, you should contact an immigration attorney for all your legal questions, this is not legal advice of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back