Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion ? Possible Charges for friends Burglary

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedteen

My jurisdiction is: Missouri

This happened in Missouri. I was called one night by a friend from college at a late hour (this was not suspicious because we were all hanging out earlier that night) I was asked for a ride. I drove my friend to McDonalds. He got out of the car and ran across the street wearing a backpack. I had no previous knowledge of what was going on. I called and texted my friend asking him what he was doing and to hurry up. He said he was busy and didnt mention any specific information. This was over the period of an hour. (specific times are unknown) He then called me saying hey drive over across the street and pick me up. I pulled over to the parking lot across the street and waited for him. He came from behind my car so I didnt see where he was. He opened the back door of my suv and threw something heavy into the very back, and then climbed into the passengers seat. I drove him back to our dorm where he opened the back of my suv and grabbed his back pack and a bag that i hadnt seen before. I figured something not right had happened. But I had no clue as to what. This friend had never acted suspicious and seemed like a trustworthy guy. He never mentioned what he did that night and I didnt want to know. Recently he was caught trying to get rid of what he stole. He mentioned me and told the cops I drove him. I was brought in for questioning and told them what I mentioned in the question. I was let go and said the case is going to the prosecutor and the officer told me that nothing could happen, I could have a warrant for my arrest or a letter for a court date.
Nothing has happened so far. The "friend" who I no longer talk to called me today saying that he got a lawyer and that his lawyer talked to the prosecutor and was told that a warrant would be issued for his arrest. He said he didnt know about my case. I was wondering if I could be charged and with what. Any advice will help. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back