Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Possession of stolen property question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chojin

Hello, I work in a jewelry store and I recently was suspended with pay for having a stolen Rolex watch on. I got it at a pawn shop about 1 year ago very cheap and now I found out that it was stolen from the company I work for. The serial numbers matched a stolen Rolex serial number list. The watch belonged to a customer of the store that was being repaired by the store.

I tore my house apart trying to find the reciept for my purchase and I tried visiting every pawn shop there was in the area to no avail. The company said that they would go to the police if I didn't find concrete proof that I bought it from a pawn shop. I haven't been arrested yet, I haven't been fired yet. I haven't gotten a lawyer yet. I'm just very confused and I would like any advice you can give and the possible consequences I might face. Thanks.

Possession of stolen property in CA has a max. punishment of up to three years in prison. However, given the circumstances, you might also face charges of embezzlement which could double that.

I would strongly suggest you consult an attorney just in case.

In the meantime, you might consider contacting the pawn shop. The original pawn had to be recorded and would have contained the description of the item. If the pawn shop has no record, then you may be sunk ... and so will the pawn shop if the police investigate and find he is not keeping adequate records.

- Carl

help

hello i am a 14 year old in texas n i was in possenion of stolen property and i was wondering what were the punishments i could receive...the police officer which falsey accused me of stealing the phone i belivie he is racist because the same thing happened to my cousin and the same officer accused him of stealing a iPod and my cousin got the punishment of going to AEP which is a alternitve education program and after that he was proven inisent...so whats the worst that can happen to me and if i can not deal with all this hassel and i "say" that i stole the phone will there be a difference i dont know what to do any more what to think how to think my life is a living hell right now so please help me. please...and if you could email me bk on rojiw110@msn.com with these answers please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back