Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Possession of paraphernalia and failure to appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkat423

My husband was charged with paraphernalia while working in Florida, we live in Tennessee. In a vehicle with 5 other guys...a straw was found in the passenger door and no one took blame so they were all charged and issued a court date. No drugs were found and no other charges were filed. My dad died 3 days before court and we went to WV to deal with that and he missed court. What can we do to resolve this? And, if he does go turn himself in..will he be eligible for bond or have to stay? He's NEVER had any charges anywhere before. How long is jail term if they have issued a warrant?

He should call the court and inquire. He should ask if a warrant has been issued. If he doesn't want to get stuck in jail for a few days, he should also ask how much the bond will be and bring it with him. He could also arrange (or you could help) get bond through a bondsman.

You do know, that this is a crappy little charge. Florida won't pursue him out of state, if he never returns. But, if he did return at a later date to Florida, they'll probably have a warrant.

If he wants to fight it (and he should), he should plead not guilty. Then he should ask the court to appoint a lawyer. He shouldn't plead guilty to this crappy charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back