Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Possession of open alcohol in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indestructible0

I recently received a ticket for a possession of open alcohol in public, I was issued the ticket as a passenger of a motor vehicle with the open substance. The officer told me that the situation wasn't that serious and wouldn't go on my record, however the court clerk that I spoke to informed me that if I pleaded guilty and payed the fine, that it was indeed going to be added to my record and that I should plea bargain the case to a lesser infraction. I received the ticket in a village in Long Island NY, by a constable, just wondering why this would be placed on my record and if its likely to be lowered being that I have no prior incidents with the law. Because I was informed that the ticket was no big deal I was going to pay it by mail an had I done so I would have never known about it going on my record... The Fine is currently $200 and a mark on my record. I'm just really looking to do w/e I need to, to keep this from going on my record. I'm 21 years old, a Full time student and part time employee and don't need to tarnish the rest of my future for some stupid incident do to a lack of my better judgment...

Plead not guilty.
Speak with the prosecutor or see if the court will appoint you a lawyer, if you can't afford to hire one.
Bargain this down to a non-alcohol offense.

It isn't murder, but it's bigger than you might imagine.

Slow down, choose a more beneficial strategy, and concentrate on the useful information the court clerk gave you. Why spend time worrying about the incorrect information the cop gave you?

Some cops have their own agendas.
Does it matter why the cop said anything, now that you know better? :no:

thanks for the information, believe me I understand that what I did was wrong and that there is a punishment for every action. But like you said its not like I murdered someone. I have no problem paying a fine an receiving my slap on the wrist for doing something stupid. I just don't want my record to be affected and cause me trouble later in life. Thanks again for the advice

thanks for the information, believe me I understand that what I did was wrong and that there is a punishment for every action. But like you said its not like I murdered someone. I have no problem paying a fine an receiving my slap on the wrist for doing something stupid. I just don't want my record to be affected and cause me trouble later in life. Thanks again for the advice

If you want a lesser charge (or maybe for ALL of this to be swept away like the garbage charge it is), do as I've instructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back