Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Possesion under 50 grams. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

daninger4995

My jurisdiction is: New Jersey

My 13 year old son got charged with Possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana within 50 feet of school property. Can you please tell me what could happen and what will likely happen. He has no priors. The only thing i have on his side is a negative drug test 2 days after he got arrested.

I'm, from washington but I think most laws are basicly the same. Posession under 40g here is Punished with small jail time like 10-45 days A hefty fine and treatment, and a year probation. But seeing as how it was within 50 feet of a school your probibly looking a double the crime . My advice would be see if he can get a differed and a good lawyer. Differed is when they put him on probation for a year and as long as he doesn't get in trouble in that year it will be cleared from his record...... Good luck

Its hard to say what they would do since he is so young(prob not much) but I would deff. talk to a lawyer before I did anything else! including talking to the police.Let us know what happens.

Does he have a clean record otherwise? Get a lawyer and you should be able to get off with some court supervision, probation, or maybe even community service. Because of his age, he'll get a slap on the wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back