Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Posession of Marijuana*odd case*

Status
Not open for further replies.

InterSpool

Ok, bear with me on this story, please.

Monday night I went to drop my friend off in his house, when we noticed an odd looking man staring us down from his car and making a u-turn. He looked dangerous so I backed down the driveway and started driving to my house (only a few miles away) to get away from this guy. It became apparent that he was following us because he took every turn we did and he had his brights on. Before I even reached my house I lost him down a sidestreet (not speeding or anything). Then, I take the street back to my house and all of a sudden I see him and 2-3 Squad cars parked in the street leading into my neighborhood (coincidence). I pull over quickly because I thought they were arresting this guy for DUI or for molesting some kid or something and I wanted to tell the police that the whackjob was following me. Next thing I know I see 4-5 squad cars get behind me, lights on, cops get out, guns are drawn on me, and I'm told to get out of the car. I am then handcuffed and put in the back of a squad car. About 5 minutes after sitting there in silence I was read my rights, about 10 minutes after that I was finally told the situation. The guy had accused my friend and I of stealing a box of clothes worth thousands of dollars (felony). I was asked if I had any weapons in the car, and I said no. An officer blocked my view from my car and I saw 2 officers walk up to my vehicle with flashlights (both doors were wide open). I have no idea if they searched the vehicle but they sure as hell didn't tell me what they were going to do. About 15 minutes after this goes down, an officer asks if I have anything illegal in the car, so (scared) I told him that I had a small amount of marijuana in the backseat. They found the weed and gave me a driver in posession ticket.

This is my second posession of marijuana ticket (I just went to court for my first one last friday) and I would really like to fight this one. Does anyone know if I have a case? Based on the fact that they pulled me over and detained me on completely separate allegations (which were false anyway). Ugh. I know I told them I had the pot.. but I'm hoping against hope that I have a case. Thank you for reading.

Telling him you have it just means that you were aware of it being there. That signifies possesion. Were you actually charged with the felony? If not then it's a false arrest, and illegal search and seizure. Get an attorney...

Do yourself a favor leave the weed at home... I t will keep getting you in trouble. Smoke at home in the comfort of your own home.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back