Political Science or Economics for real estate law?

david_p

I am attending Yale in the fall, and plan on going to Law school after my undergrad. I would like to enter real estate law. I can get a better GPA with PoliSci & enjoy it more, but I hear the business aspect/practicality of econ is more useful in the real estate world. Which should be prioritized?

I hear that polisci prepares you for more general skills-including bits of economics-so I am leaning towards this, but am not quite sure.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Honestly, your undergrad degree is fairly meaningless. Having one in important. Having one in a particular discipline is required in very few instances, such as when the courses offered are necessary to work in that field (think Accounting for a CPA, or Education for a Teacher). In law school you may specialize (or you may change your mind)but you are going to have to take classes in a broad spectrum of legal disciplines anyway. An undergrad degree semi-related to just one area of law really won't make much difference. Once you have that JD, no one is really going to ask much about your BA/BS.

I'm waiting for a lawyer joke or story.

A gang of robbers broke into a lawyers' club by mistake. The old legal lions gave them a fight for their life and their money. The gang was very happy to escape.

"It ain't so bad," one crook noted. "We got $25 between us."

The boss screamed: "I warned you to stay clear of lawyers; we had $100 when we broke in!"

=====================================================================

Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, an honest lawyer and an old drunk are walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a hundred dollar bill. Who gets it?

The old drunk, of course, the other three are mythological creatures.

Back