Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Police trying to force my fiancé to be a C.I

Scnegron1

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello, my name is Shawn. I'm not sure how to explain this situation or where to start so I'll just start stating what happened. Last night my fiancé went to a friends house to look at some puppies we were interested in purchasing. As she left she was pulled over. She has no license but the vehicle is completely legal. They told her they pulled her over because the exhaust was to loud, which is not true. Then as the officer was speaking with her he told her he smelled marijuana. She does not smoke marijuana, nor do I, I knew this was a bogus excuse to toss my vehicle. They completely ripped my vehicle apart and searched her purse without her consent. The did find 2 things in her purse 1) Suboxone, which she has a prescription for. 2) Xanax, which she does not have a prescription for, it's for personal use for anxiety and to help severe insomnia. So they arrested her, fingerprinted her, and took mugshots. Then, told her that they actually pulled her over because the house she was at is the center of an ongoing investigation. So, because she had no prescription for the Xanax, they are saying that she purchased them at the house. She indeed was not there for anything other than seeing the pups. Now, they want her to meet with the DA, they want her to make 3 deals with the guy at the house she was at, with marked bills or something. Asking her if she knows all these names they rattled off. The point to this letter is, she simply was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and now they are trying to force her to "snitch". She had no idea the guy at the house even sold drugs. So, can they really make her do this, this has got to be illegal. That would be putting my family in danger, even though they say "no one will know" just for them to make a case against this guy. I feel as though this is entrapment, blackmail, or something along those lines. They let her leave the station with no tickets or anything, which I thought was odd. We don't know what to do, she's extremely distraught about this, I am a business owner and work ALOT, so she is a stay at home mom with our 7yr old son, so we are worried what will happen. We're thinking if she doesn't do what they ask they will send her to jail for something they come up with. I'm very sorry for the lengthy message, we are just lost here, feel like she is being put into something she had no idea about. Can you please give us some insight, of what can, might, or will happen? And maybe what we should do? Thanks in advance!!!

One cannot possess a controlled substance (like Xanax) without a valid prescription. Period. End of. If a doctor didn't prescribe it for her and she did not receive it from a valid license-holding doctor of pharmacy in a bottle with her name, address and doctor's name on it, along with other information, she was breaking the law. She can cooperate with the LEO or not; but she should not make that decision until she consults a criminal attorney in her jurisdiction. Tomorrow. ASAP. Before LEO contacts her again.

She needs a lawyer & should talk only to the lawyer.

Agree. She and you need to sit down and watch this video:

Then hire her a criminal defense attorney who might be able to get her out from under this if the police didn't get the search just right.

Ahh, my old friend, Professor James Duane. LOL

Back