Police Negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

burkett

For the past six years the police, schools and probation dept. in the town I live in have been telling parents that at age 16 kids can leave home without the consent of their parents. There have been several times (minimally 20)when the parents have contacted the police to report that their 16 and 17 year old kids have run away and every time for the past six years the police have told the parents and children that they can not bring them home because the law says that at age 16 children can leave home. This law actually changed from 16 to 18 in 2002. Because of what the police, school and probation have told these kids and parents many kids age 16 and 17 have moved out, gotten pregnat, quit school, etc.... I want to file a class action law suit against the city but I do not know how to begin this or even if I have grounds? Please provide as much advise as you can, I have been looking for an attorney but most in the area are not even aware that the law changed six years ago. Also I actually have battled with the Judge, chief of police and DA on this issue and the only way they would enforce the new law was because I printed it and insisted that they enforce it. So if this goes to court in this town I know the judge and DA's office will not be objective, can it be filed in a differant court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back