POA evicts nephew

Also they brought my husbands grandfather (owner of house) with them, and they kept telling him to tell us to leave. But all he told my husband was to get our car out of garage, and that my cat cant be here no more. When he left he kept telling me sorry, and he looked so sad. I dont want them stressing him out because of us. But them wanting the cat gone is just another way of trying to get back at us. We've had the cat for a year and a half. It was his grandfathers and my cat. I dont know what to do.

Ultimately you will be needing to find a new home and you should not delay in searching for one. Meanwhile they can not legally force you out without going through the appropriate process and they are liable for certain damages if they try to do so.

As for what to do that is a decision you need to make. Suggestions have been offered- you decide what is next.

You might talk with an attorney at this point. Legal expenses are recoverable through the court. Keep documenting of all losses, including the food.
If they return you might call police to "keep the peace".
Can she really make me get rid of my cat? I dont want them to treat the cat bad when im not around. With all the drama surrounding us, me and my husband are trying to be out as soon as possible. It is alot to deal with having to move, but to we also have to put up with them.

Back