1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

PO terms buyer vs seller

Discussion in 'Business & Corporate Matters' started by Cbbrown, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Cbbrown

Cbbrown Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    California
    I deal in contract review/acceptance for my company and it seems like our customer purchase contract terms and conditions are becoming excessive. My question is this; when a customer places an order and references their terms and conditions and we respond with our quote and include reference to our terms and conditions - which prevails? the customers T&C's or ours?

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

It is impossible to say with any certainty in the abstract. In other words, one would need to read both the PO and the quote and both entities' T&C (and any other relevant documents) and know course of past dealing between the two entities.

3. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

Performing a similar function at my company, I can say that you need to make sure to hammer out these issues prior to accepting a purchase order. The earlier you address it the more simple it is.

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Depends on how much you want the customer's business or how much he wants your products.

I agree that this should be addressed before a sale happens.