Please steer me in the right direction

Allie N

Jurisdiction
Ontario
Good afternoon,

Could anyone please hint me how does the system of selling a right to seek the recovery of damages through the court work: in particular, how to evaluate the potential of the case and how to ultimately sell it, and advice firms that specialize in this field.

The essence of the matter: my name got involuntarily involved into illegal schemes of high-ranking officials, me being completely strange and irrelevant to these schemes. Accidentally I got to know about this, tried to fix the situation, which led only to worsening my position.

Thank you

I do not think anyone here is conversant in Canadian law. You will need to seek a site that does deal with Canadian law.

To be clear: The US doesn't have a system such a you describe above.

I do not think anyone here is conversant in Canadian law. You will need to seek a site that does deal with Canadian law.
Thank you. I should have tried.
Canada does not have as big a market for legal services, and their legal forums are not so widely represented.
The other reason to write here was that I consider acting in any out-of-Canada court, which issues decisions that can be recognized in Canada.

I consider acting in any out-of-Canada court, which issues decisions that can be recognized in Canada.

That's not an option if you are a Canadian citizen and your problems with other Canadians arose in Canada. A US court would have no "personal jurisdiction" (google it) and the case would be dismissed quickly and you'd have to start over in Canada anyway.

That's not an option if you are a Canadian citizen and your problems with other Canadians arose in Canada. A US court would have no "personal jurisdiction" (google it) and the case would be dismissed quickly and you'd have to start over in Canada anyway.
Thank you!

Back