1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Please steer me in the right direction

Discussion in 'Lawyers, Legal Practice, Ethics & the Bar' started by Allie N, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Allie N

Allie N Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Ontario
    Good afternoon,

Could anyone please hint me how does the system of selling a right to seek the recovery of damages through the court work: in particular, how to evaluate the potential of the case and how to ultimately sell it, and advice firms that specialize in this field.

The essence of the matter: my name got involuntarily involved into illegal schemes of high-ranking officials, me being completely strange and irrelevant to these schemes. Accidentally I got to know about this, tried to fix the situation, which led only to worsening my position.

Thank you

2. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

I do not think anyone here is conversant in Canadian law. You will need to seek a site that does deal with Canadian law.

3. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

To be clear: The US doesn't have a system such a you describe above.

4. Allie N

Thank you. I should have tried.
    Canada does not have as big a market for legal services, and their legal forums are not so widely represented.
    The other reason to write here was that I consider acting in any out-of-Canada court, which issues decisions that can be recognized in Canada.

5. Allie N

Thank you for your quick response. I’ll consider different ways to deal with my situation

6. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

That's not an option if you are a Canadian citizen and your problems with other Canadians arose in Canada. A US court would have no "personal jurisdiction" (google it) and the case would be dismissed quickly and you'd have to start over in Canada anyway.

7. Allie N

Thank you!

8. Allie N

Thanks everyone. I already got the answer. Let’s consider this thread closed.

9. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

Why don't you share it with the forum to help others in the future?