Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Please Read and Respond ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by gudz85
Im a college kid...One night I got a little drunk, a little too drunk..Anyway, I went back to my dorm and wanted to order some food....I looked in my wallet and notcied 20 dolllars was gone. So i said let me look in my roomates desk where he keep his wallet and see if he took it...So I did, and there was a 20..So i took it back..Anyway, I decided not to order food and go to bed...when I woke up the next morning and looked in my wallet I realized I had an extra 20 dollars. I sat back thought about it and remebered it was his...Well, this is the first time I had ever stolen anything, and for some reason I said let me see if he has anymore..I did, and there was 10 more..So I took it...Well he had a web cam set up which caught me..I gave him the money back, all of it, and apologized....Here are my questions:

1. Can he still press LEGAL charges on me even though I payed him back...I live in Pennslyvania, USA...Is it PETTY THEFT??IF so am I in trouble?????

2. He keeps going around telling people that I took 80, but I swear I havent, I had never stolen anything in my 19 years until that night which I deeply regret.

3. He made like 3 cd's of the footage and have handed them out to several people, can I do anything about that?????

PLease help me out, I havent been able to sleep, knowing that he can put something over my head, and continue to basically black male me, since he has footage....Please help, ASAP...
If you committed the crime then it's done. You'd have to pay back the balance anyways. If the only punishment for stealing was paying back what you stole then everyone would steal because the worst it would result in is an interest free loan. You'd have no incentive not to do that again. In fact, you did steal with a clear mind because you felt you could without consequence.

With regard to the footage, I'm not sure that this is permissible. There might be local laws but if you videotape acts that occur on your property, I'm not sure what property rights you might have concerning your image. Either way, this might be something you should hope will die down soon and show your complete remorse for all the right reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back