Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Please help

Jc421

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I lost my wallet with meth and my social security card in it ....didn't report it it was found and turned into the police can I expect to be charged? Also I have pending cases for dealing and possession of meth and weed....

I lost my wallet with meth and my social security card in it ....didn't report it it was found and turned into the police can I expect to be charged? Also I have pending cases for dealing and possession of meth and weed....

If you simply apply to the nearest social security office, or online, you can get a replacement social security card.

As far as any contraband that may have been found in the wallet, it'll be very hard to prove it was yours unless you ask about it.

If the police ask you about meth in the wallet, all you should say is, "I don't know anything about that. I lost my wallet with my SS card in it."

Since you have pending cases, I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, you can't technically be charged for possession since you aren't in possession of it. Technically its in your wallet which ties the meth to you, but as 'army judge' pointed out you can deny it's yours or know where it came from.

Although it certainly looks bad on you, criminal charges would be hard to support. If you are approached by police do not make any statements or claims on the wallet. Let your attorney know so he/she can be prepared.

Back