Sex Offender Registry Please Help!

scmom305

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My husband took a plea deal back in September 2015 for sexual battery against a minor under 16 because my sister falsely accused him of touching her and we were to worried if he took it to trial he would have been found guilty of child molestation because no one seems to think girls can lie on grown men. He had to register as a sex offender. I become pregnant in May of 2015.,We went to court to have his plea modified to were he could he could be around my two children from a previous marriage and our unborn child. When we went before the judge in December he was only concerned about my two kids from the previous marriage that I don't have custody of. All the judge was concerned about was my other two kids father to do an affidavit and didn't address the unborn child so it was continued. Now I'm two weeks away from having this baby and my husband's PO is telling him that he will have to move out and can't be around our daughter until we get the judge to change his papers. We have tried numerous times to get in touch with my husband's public defender and have not heard back from him. We are at a loss on what to do. I have to have a csection so I will need my husband there to help take care of me and our daughter until I'm better. We ha e no family or anything to help. Please someone help us or tell us what we can do before two weeks are up.

You already know what must be done.
I suggest you get cracking on it, if you want the relief you seek granted.

If such relief isn't granted, he had better do exactly as his PO instructs.

If he fails to do as instructed, he'll wind up in County Cross Bar Hilton.

By the way, I doubt very seriously if the judge will grant the relief he seeks.

Just so you know, not every minor who cries he or she has been sexually abused my an adult is a liar.

I know because two of my female relatives and one male relative were abused by a perverted freak between the ages of six to nine years old.

Why in the world do you feel the need to be so rude? You do not know all the facts to my husband's case and what I meant was no jury would have believed anything when the charge of child molestation is presented to them. And if I knew what to do I wouldn't be asking for advice. It's people like you that have made things so freaking hard and this is the exact reason he didn't take it to to trial. I was raped at 15 and I wasn't laying up in the bed having sex with my boyfriend the very next day after having someone arrested for touching me which is what my sister did. She was very rebellious and my husband was the ONLY stepping up to put his foot down and it ticked her which is why she accused him. Not to mention there where two other cases where she had accused two other grown men for the same thing and one died from stage four lung cancer before she come fourth that she lied and the other case was dismissed because nothing ever come of it. So before you go being so rude to someone that is at the wires end for help do everyone a favor and just don't give your ridiculous so called advice. Have a good day.

Just so you know, not every minor who cries he or she has been sexually abused my an adult is a liar.

I know because two of my female relatives and one male relative were abused by a perverted freak between the ages of six to nine years old.

Also I can't make the system go any faster to get us before the judge in two weeks when I don't have a law degree or know what to do so that is why I've posted something very personal to me to get advice.

Also I can't make the system go any faster to get us before the judge in two weeks when I don't have a law degree or know what to do so that is why I've posted something very personal to me to get advice.

My law degree couldn't get the issue on the calendar any faster, either.

You and/or your husband require the services of a licensed attorney to file an emergency pleading before the proper court in your county.

As I have no idea of the current or previous pleading that is allegedly in legal limbo, there isn't much more I can do or offer.

Your husband could speak with his former attorney and inquire if a layman could plead the case. If that discussion goes well for him, your husband could file the motion "pro se" (for himself under us hand).

I won't address your non sequitur response, other than to say you have the right to your opinion, as do I.

There might be something you can do.

Have a chat with your obstetrician, gynecologist, and/or family physician (maybe ALL three) and ask if each would be willing to write a letter to your husband's PO and the judge indicating that you have no one to assist you during the last two weeks of your difficult pregnancy, during your after birth period in the hospital, and during a six week convalescence period in your home as you recuperate from the birth and resulting C-Section surgery.

Your husband could write a letter advising his PO and the judge of exactly why he's needed in the home over the next eight to ten odd weeks (until you recover) and how he will help you and baby recover.

It can't hurt.

It might help.

It buys time, if agreed to, to seek a permanent resolution.

Good luck.

Back