Assault & Battery Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildrose

My 17yr old daughter just informed us that she was sexually assaulted by a boy she was dating this summer. It was a long distance relationship and she went to visit her friends in FL this summer, him included. They went out to dinner and afterwards he pulled over in a secluded area she was unfamiliar with. Before she knew it he had her shirt off and was fondling and sucking her breasts and shoving his hands in her pants. She is a very religious girl and would never have allowed this behavior. She tried to get him off of her but he was just too big. She told him to stop but he told her she knew he was a bad boy before they started dating and so she should have known better. He then took her to her friends house. My daughter mentioned nothing to anyone. A couple of nights later he called and said he needed to see her outside immediately. When she went out her forced her to the ground, pinned her there and tried the same thing. This time she was able to keep her clothes on but that he still shoved his penis between her legs and did his business.

She was terrified to say anything to anyone and doesn't want to tell anyone else. She was bawling her eyes out when she tried to tell me and I hate to see her in that much pain. She has been truely traumatized and even has been cutting and more.

Can I do anything to this boy? Where do I go from here?

She needs to contact the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction and report the incident. She should also provide a list of names and contact information with anyone and everyone that she was visiting, and who she might have told about the incident. The police can only investigate if the incident is reported, and they have as much information as possible.

She should also consider counseling to help her deal with the assault.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back