Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Please help!? Possession of K2 incense with paraphernelia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWaffle

I know its long, but I am in dire need of help guys. I'm scared ouf of my mind.

Friday night, (May 7 2010) I was stopped by a police officer because he believed me and my friend had been smoking marijuana. We were told to exit my vehicle, and both my friends and my pockets were searched. My friend is 18 and I am 16. In my friends pockets, the officer found a 3 gram bag of K2 herbal incense (which is smoked for a high that mimics that of marijuana) and a glass pipe. My car was also searched, but it was clean.

In my state of louisiana, K2 incense (along with other brands) is sold to anyone over 18 at convenient stores, but is labled not for human consumption. My friend was given a ticket and told that he will have to go to court, and I will have to be a witness. As far as I know, no charges are being brought against me. Under pressure from the cops, we both admitted to having smoked the incense, and my friend was told that he could be charged with distribution to a minor.

Although we honestly had no idea, we were informed by the police that we were on private property, at a spot that was infamous for drug deals and prostitution.To my knowledge, K2 incense is not scheduled in Louisiana, although apparently there is a bill in congress that will probably ban it soon.

Can someone give me advice on what will happen to me and my friend? Neither of us has ever been arrested or been to court before. Will either of our parents be contacted, and will I be sent a summons/subpoena in the mail? Is there a way I could get through this without my parents knowing, and will any of this go onto my record?

Sorry about sounding so urgent guys, but if my mom finds out about this I could be kicked out of my home with no place to go. Any and all help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

**PS: the glass pipe in question has been used for smoking marijuana in the past, although not very recently. Is it likely the pipe would be tested for resin? Do you think the test would come back positive?

I know its long, but I am in dire need of help guys. I'm scared ouf of my mind.

Friday night, (May 7 2010) I was stopped by a police officer because he believed me and my friend had been smoking marijuana. We were told to exit my vehicle, and both my friends and my pockets were searched. My friend is 18 and I am 16. In my friends pockets, the officer found a 3 gram bag of K2 herbal incense (which is smoked for a high that mimics that of marijuana) and a glass pipe. My car was also searched, but it was clean.

In my state of louisiana, K2 incense (along with other brands) is sold to anyone over 18 at convenient stores, but is labled not for human consumption. My friend was given a ticket and told that he will have to go to court, and I will have to be a witness. As far as I know, no charges are being brought against me. Under pressure from the cops, we both admitted to having smoked the incense, and my friend was told that he could be charged with distribution to a minor.

Although we honestly had no idea, we were informed by the police that we were on private property, at a spot that was infamous for drug deals and prostitution.To my knowledge, K2 incense is not scheduled in Louisiana, although apparently there is a bill in congress that will probably ban it soon.

Can someone give me advice on what will happen to me and my friend? Neither of us has ever been arrested or been to court before. Will either of our parents be contacted, and will I be sent a summons/subpoena in the mail? Is there a way I could get through this without my parents knowing, and will any of this go onto my record?

Sorry about sounding so urgent guys, but if my mom finds out about this I could be kicked out of my home with no place to go. Any and all help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

**PS: the glass pipe in question has been used for smoking marijuana in the past, although not very recently. Is it likely the pipe would be tested for resin? Do you think the test would come back positive?

Your 18 year old friend, should not have admitted to anything.
You should NOT have admitted to anything when questioned by the police.
You should have requested to have your parents present before being questioned by police.
You have the right to remain silent.
You have the right (as a juvenile), to have your parents present when questioned by police.
It isn't wise for you to keep your parents/guardians in the dark about this.
You can bet your last dollar, they'll find out.
Parents always find out about things like this.

You should inform your parents/guardians about this immediately.

If the pipe is tested (highly doubtful, but you never know), evidence of prior drug residue COULD be found.
I can't predict what will happen in that regard.
No one can.
But, IF illegal residue is discovered, it might be wise to believe that the last of this has not been heard.

After YOU come clean with your parents/guardians, your parents/guarduians need to determine what should be done by and for YOU, their minor child.

In the meantime, your friend should consult an attorney.
He/she MIGHT be additionally be charged with some form of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, or some other morals offense.
Again, no one can predict the future.

All of the above having been said, you should do or say NOTHING further about this, UNTIL you have spoken with your parents/guardians.
They will then advise you as to your next step(s).

Most likely this isn't a big deal, as you describe it.
But, you never know about these kinds of things.
If your parents are kept in the dark about what happened and who you were with, it could get very ugly for you.

You are in the clear, don't worry about it.
Your friend received a citation that will easily be beaten if there is no state law that prohibits K2. Since your friend is 18 then possession of the pipe is not an issue either. More than likely the police officer was uninformed or was simply trying to make a point.
Be honest with yourself... you ar 16 and walking a fine line. It is real easy to get from where you are and step onto the other side of that line where you will find yourself in jail... even easier since you are a juvenile.

If anything at all, your friend might have to worry about a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. You have nothing to worry about though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back