Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Please help! Felony DUI in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahoo

I was pulled over recently for a DUI in Ohio. When I was pulled over the officer did not realize that I had a previous felony DUI. So he wrote me a misdemeanor DUI ticket. I have had 5 prior DUI's. I deserved 3 of them. One I blew under the limit but the judge said if I didn't take the DUI he would max me out on the Driving Under Suspension. Another I refused the test because I thought the cop was setting me up with pot. Turns out it was oak and maple leaves that had gone through the chipper and made it into my glove compartment through the vent in my dash. I have been arraigned for the misdemeanor DUI in which the judge said he would give me a year in jail. He said this at my arraignment. I was informed that the arresting police department would be coming to my house to arrest me for the felony DUI and not to fight it or avoid them. I was then informed by a few friends in the court that day (lawyers and court personnel) that my bail would be set at $25,000 and I would need 10% of that to get out of the county jail. I was told if I had an attorney before I went to jail I could get out on a signature bond.
The problem with that is, I don't have $2500 for bail or an attorney. I have been fighting foreclosure for two years. I will have to use a public defender. The public defender will only meet with me on the day of my pretrial. If I go to jail until then, I will lose my house. I am in college receiving a 3.8 GPA. If I am in jail I will be kicked out of school for attendance.
I feel as though I will be sentenced prior to conviction. Even if I am found innocent, I will leave the courtroom homeless, jobless and an unwilling college dropout.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Not that most of you would believe me or care, I had three beers in three hours while I met with a DJ at a bar he was working at while we talked about a graphic arts job he wanted done.

Feel free to email me at wahoojoey@aol.com

Based on your post you have a serious alcohol problem. Perhaps you can seek help and a judge can use that as "time served" Either way no one her ecan help you you need an Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back