Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmimi

My neighbors are going through a nasty divorce.Not yet before a Judge.
Recently he had a female companion at his home.
I photographed the two of them together in front of the house and gave the pictures to his wife.
I was on my property when taking the pictures.
He called the police and has said he is going to file harrassment charges against me for photographing him and his companion.:no:

Should I retain legal council. I said nothing while taking pictures nor did I make any threatening gestures and was entirely on my property.Both of them were in plain view of anyone driving by.
Thanks Mimi

Because this man is an imbecile and arrogant jerk that threw a woman and two kids out in the street. She and her children are relying on the kindness of neighbors for roof over her head and food, until she can obtain employment and a decent place to stay.
So when I am feeding his wife and kids it becomes my problem.

Wrong its not your problem and your actions on her behalf can hurt her in court. Be a friend great but stay out of the messy divorce it will not end well for you no matter how it turns out.

You might meet with an Attorney and discuss what can and cannot be done. Many grant free office visits so its likely it will only cost you time.

I'm not a lawyer

I'm a retired Caseworker.

I suggest you refer the neighbor wife and kids to the local Domestic Abuse Shelter. They have counselors and can refer her to legal assistance as well as put her up for a while until she gets a job and housing.

And I'd suggest you try to distance yourself from the situation because anything you do may come back to bite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back