Photographing My Personal Property To Use In Listing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmgdesigns

I have been having problems with the realtor that is listing to sell the property that I am currently renting. She made an appointment to come view the property so that she could get the information to list it. We set up a time - from 2-3pm in which she was supposed to come over. She called me at 2:00pm and told me she would be over at 2:30pm with a photographer (which she did not mention when she initially made the appointment). She still had not arrived by 2:55pm and had not called to let me know she was late (and had never given me her phone number so I could call her). I finally left at 2:55 because I had an appointment. Just how long am I supposed to wait for her if she doesn't show up on time for her appointments? Also, she wants to photograph the interior of the condo I am renting with my personal property in the photos (I have computers, electronic equipment, stereos, etc. that I absolutely do not want shown in the photos since the address is listed). Is she allowed to photograph my personal property and use it in listing ads that are posted on the internet and elsewhere? This seems like an extreme security threat to me and my personal property. It is like saying "here is the address where you can find all this equipment to steal". What legal recourse do I have if any? I am beginning to feel harassed because she calls my home phone and my cell phone repeatedly even after she was made aware that the Department of Consumer Affairs (California) told me that she is absolutely not supposed to be calling me directly and should be calling the landlord or property management company and having them contact me. Any thoughts?

Thank You

Hm, I just bought a condo and noticed that the vast majority of listings had only OUTSIDE photos.

I think you have a reasonable request not to have your property posted on the net for all the burglars in the world to be seen.

First I think I would try to work this out with your landlord, explain to them the problems you have with the realtor and try to come to some agreement.

You definitely do not need to take any harassment from the realtor, including numerous phone calls and the like. If he/she can't be on time, tough luck, it's his problem. Tell that person you do not want to be called at all and that you will make arrangements only with the landlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back