PHH Loan modification question

red2683

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I bought my house on june of 2010 through Ocwen Mortgage company and made payments to them up until my loan was transferred to phh mortgage in october of 2019. Upon my load being transferred from Ocwen to phh i was going through some financial difficulties and applied for a loan modification which then was approved. The question I have is why my loan payments that I made to Ocwen from 2010 through 2019 are not being shown of reflected onto my modified loan? I believe my balance before the loan being transferred to phh was around 98000 and after modification it went back to the original starting amount and also was placed back to a full 30 years to pay off? I did contact phh and the rep informed me that all the payments were applied but it went towards interest and other costs rather than put towards my principle. Ive done some research on phh mortgage and have noticed they along with ocwen have been involved in many court case hearings for mistreatment of their customers and just want to make sure they are not taking advantage of me with my loan.

The question I have is why my loan payments that I made to Ocwen from 2010 through 2019 are not being shown of reflected onto my modified loan?
How would any of US know? Why don't you find your original paperwork, then compile a list of all payments made, then reconcile it against what they claim you owe?

I believe my balance before the loan being transferred to phh was around 98000

Note the emphasis. If you don't have accurate records with exact amounts I don't know what to tell you.

I did contact phh and the rep informed me that all the payments were applied but it went towards interest and other costs rather than put towards my principle.

Stand to reason that, if you were behind on any payments, payments would first go to interest and costs.

Beyond that, I agree with Zigner that you are going to have to go through your records and determine exact amounts.

Back