Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Pharmacy tech controlled substance charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

acemizzle

So i recently got pulled over and searched for narcotics. They found controlled substances so they gave me a felony for that. Also got charged with misdemeanor embezzlement and another misdemeanor for having a substance with out a prescription.
Now check this out,
On the night I initially got pulled over in my friends vehicle, the police found the narcotics and had us sitting on the curb while they harassed us, only to confiscate the narcotics and taking down my contact info saying they will hear from us soon.

The next day the police officer from the previous night wanted to meet up and "talk" about things. He asked me to drive to a random safeway. The biggest mistake i made was going, but thats when they arrested me for all the charges.
Once i was arrested and sitting in the back seat of the police car. The officer decided it was okay for him to use my cell phone and start text messaging my friend pretending it was me. [ exact text : "They told me that they had cops going to pick you up too! RUN NOW!" ]
there was a whole conversation that followed the above, but the person the officer was texting was a person who was completely innocent.

some one please tell me they are not allowed to do such a thing?
i need advice quick, i have court on feb. 22

It is something for you to discuss with your attorney when the time comes, but it won't have any effect on the outcome of the case they are building against you.
At best you have misconduct in violation of some department policy, but no real crime. Perhaps technically it is theft of service? It is pretty weak though. You have more important things to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back