PFJ or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcf6nf

I got a ticket for going 66 in a 45. First, I know I wasn't going that fast because I had my cruise control set at 60, but regardless, it was still set to speed. Here is my question, should I try for a prayer for judgement? If so, how do I do that? The ticket states I must attend court, but the court date is set for 1 day after my due date for a new baby. Since labor is unpredictable, I don't know when to try to change the court date to and I really don't want to bring a tiny baby to court with me for a ticket. Any suggestions? Thanks

Assumint this is NC you can usually go in and talk tot he prosecutor prior to your court date. The clerk of court can give you the office hours. They will probably allow you to take your PFJ.

It is in NC, thanks.

If I get the PFJ and get another ticket in 3 years, does the old one come back to haunt me then or is that a myth? THanks again.

Only one PJC is available for each household every three years for
the avoidance of SDIP points. A second or greater PJC may result in SDIP points being assessed for the underlying convictions.

http://www.nclamp.gov/2004%20CLE/TrafficLaws.PDF

Since this is for more than 15 over, you are risking suspension of your license and a major insurance increase. If you have no luck, an attorney has a good chance to plead this down to a 9 over which is no insurance points for a first conviction. You also will not need to be in court.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back